The STARK.airtec is a pneumatically operated zero point clamping system which, despite its compact external dimensions, generates maximum clamping forces. In addition to the simple versions with a flush-mounted and modular design, the STARK.airtec series also includes fast closing clamps that have an integrated querying unit.
Special features of the STARK.airtec product family:
- Low maintenance: intervals up to 2 million cycles
- Process reliability: Industry 4.0 ready
- Powerful: circulating clamping segments
- Precise: cylindrical fit
- Fast: clamping/release time 0.2 sec
Detailed information on the STARK.airtec product family can be found in the catalogue download:
The products of the STARK.airtec series are fast closing clamps made of high-quality tool steel and optionally housings made of hard anodised aluminium with very small space requirements due to compact external dimensions. The system is mechanically tensioned with springs and pneumatically released. Circumferential clamping segments ensure that the retractable nipple is held optimally, securely and with positive locking all around in the fast closing clamp.
Within the product family, a large number of design versions are available, which can be optimally used depending on the respective application area. In addition to the simple versions with a flush-mounted and modular design, the STARK.airtec series also includes fast closing clamps that have an integrated querying unit. In addition, the clamping status of the element can easily be recorded and signalled by means of three signals ("clamped without nipple",
"nipple clamped" or "released"). The module supports every application by means of LEDs directly on the back of the element as well as digitally for forwarding to a higher-level control system. The query is designed to be fail-safe and suitable for use in welding systems.
The products of the STARK.airtec family are optimised as zero-point clamping elements of the category "mechanical engineering" for use on machine tools and guarantee the highest repeat accuracy and process reliability. These products enable all common machining operations such as milling, grinding, eroding as well as the use on test benches and assembly devices. With the integrated "blow-out" cleaning function, the products can also be ideally used with automated loading.
The product family has been extended with special versions designed for installation in systems for vehicle body shell construction, assembly systems and for connecting machine elements. Here, the focus is on robot-supported loading and unloading or the dynamic composition of devices in open space.
A wide range of retractable nipples is available to match the fast closing clamps that can provide additional functions (e.g. unique equalisation of ± 1.5 mm) or can be screwed into the device in a simple form depending on the application.
- Compact design (flush-mounted version, screw-in version or module)
- High retention force, enormous force density
- Low-maintenance, designed for high load changes (> 2 million in endurance test)
- Made of high-quality tool steel and chrome steel
- Activation by clean air, releasable from 5 bar
- Can be operated without an additional maintenance unit
- Environmentally friendly and clean operation (no oil)
- Particularly suitable in oil-free environments, e.g. in the food, aviation or medical technology industries.
- Due to the cylindrical fit, high lateral forces during machining can be absorbed by the STARK.airtec fast closing clamp
- Ideal pre-centring for Römheld coupling elements without coupling travel
- The segments are mechanically operated
- Powerful and safe clamping is guaranteed at all times
- 2 million clamping cycles tested in endurance tests, full functional readinesseven under extreme conditions.
- Functions reliably in any installation position
- Very fast clamping and release time – 0.2 sec
- Due to the optimal circumferential force closure of the clamping segments, the retractable nipple is held securely with positive locking in the STARK.airtec fast closing clamp.
- Unambiguous recording of the clamping status
- Direct rear signalling via LEDs
- Digital outputs for simple further processing in the higher-level control system
- High level of robustness and usability in welding environments
The STARK.airtec is a pneumatically operated zero point clamping system.
The piston is held in the clamping position by springs – this piston has a single acting pneumatic design.
- Pneumatic pressure (2) is applied to the piston (1) which moves upwards.
- The clamping fingers (4) are moved upwards by the piston (2) and pull the segments (5) outwards.
- The retractable nipple (6) is released.
- The pneumatics are released. The pneumatic pressure drops to 0 bar.
- The spring pre-tensioning force 3 is initiated via the piston 2 which moves down.
- The clamping fingers 4 are pulled down by the piston 2 and push the clamping segments 5 inwards.
- The retractable nipple 5 is pulled down by the clamping surface on the clamping segments 6 and clamps on the support surface.
Application for milling machines – durable & easy to service
- Coupling unit with zero-point clamping system (device pallet - handling system)
2 elements STARK.airtec with integrated query (S5000-230)
- Fast closing plate with 4 elements STARK.classic.2 NG
- Connections for handling system
> 1x pneumatic connection
> 1x signal line with M12 plug connection
- Process reliability
> Release control
> Clamp control
- Presence control
- Pallet detection (RFID)
- Blow-out via STARK.airtec element
Typical application formilling machines
- Zero-point clamping system 4 elements
- Multiple coupling for media transfer to the device pallet
- Pallet indexing
- 1x pneumatic line for opening the STARK.airtec elements
- 5x pneumatic lines for clamping device
(clamping and monitoring)
- Couplings for pneumatic, hydraulic and vacuum transfer
- Blow-out via STARK.airtec element
- Equipment check
- Centre distances from 80 mm possible